Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fun and Sexy Times (at the doctor's office)

The appointment was at 3:30.
When I scheduled this appointment a month ago, they told me to arrive at the brick building near the ER at least 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment.
Since I was subjecting myself to a magnetic picture of my brain, I wondered if I would need to take out all the metal that I had voluntarily put in my body.
Google search told me that yes, the nose ring had to go.
So I drove to my house and arrived at 2:45 so my mom could help me get my nose ring out since I had never taken it out on my own.
The only time I had taken out my nose ring was my sophomore year and H took it out for me. I cried the whole time. Not because I was in pain. But because it made the whole thing seem more exciting. It made me feel like I was really alive. Plus, it was terrifying. What if I pulled out my nose? I needed it.
Back to my story: I get home and my mom tries to help me take it out.
30 minutes, tweezers and needle-nose pliers later... the nose ring was still in my nose.
And I was just the tiniest bit of upset.
Okay. That's a lie. I was freaking out.
How stupid would I look if I couldn't get a CT Scan because I couldn't take out my own nose ring?
So I get to the office at 3:25.
10 minutes later than they said to arrive.
The receptionist asked me what time my appointment was.
"3:30"
She looked at the clock.
I got the point.
So I filled out the paperwork and they brought me in.
The nurse was nice and smelled very faintly of stale cigarettes. Also, she was more than willing to work around my nose ring which I still couldn't get out. She asked me if I even took care of it since it was all red and stuff.
I explained that I was a nose ring screw up and couldn't control the things I voluntarily put on my body.
Then we got started with the scanning of my brain part.
She set me up with an IV and gave me the following instructions: "Okay now when I this stuff goes in its going to make you feel weird. You're going to feel really hot and get a strange taste in your mouth"
Okay, I could handle that.
"Also, you're going to feel like you're wetting your pants"
What?
"But I promise, you aren't!"
Oh well that's fantastic.

The crazy thing was... it was all true. I did get really hot and I got a crazy taste in my mouth and I swear I peed my pants. Right there on the table.

I kind of wish I did.

Because, wouldn't that have made for an even better blog?

Also, when I got out of the office, a bird had pooped on my car.


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD SO IN LOVE WITH YOUR BLOG, SO SO AMAZING. I CAN'T TAKE IT.

    p.s. why is your brain being scanned are you okay now I am WORRIED

    ReplyDelete