Sunday, September 27, 2009

All the Single Ladies: Translated

All the single ladies (7x)

The whole of the unmarried female population (x7)

Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up
I’m doing my own little thing
you Decided to dip but now you wanna trip
Cuz another brother noticed me
I’m up on him, he up on me
dont pay him any attention
cuz i cried my tears, GAVE three good years
Ya can’t be mad at me

Place your arms high, as if reaching towards the heavens!

We were at our community’s local dance hall; we decided to end our relationship.

I was behaving as I often do: as an individual.

You, my former amour, became upset when another young male appreciated my physical attributes and keen dancing skills.

This young man and I were dancing in a friendly manner

But I petition you, former lover, do not to notice this intimacy

I wept as is appropriate when two who have been paramours for many years end their romance.

Do not be angry at me, my swain

[Chorus]
Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don’t be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it

wo oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh oh x2

Indeed, if you enjoyed my appearance and the way I behave, you should have solidified the nature of our committed relationship by giving me an annular piece of jewelry that traditionally indicates a betrothal (x2)

You cannot be vexed when another man behaves in a manner that indicates he is interested in becoming my lover

Because if you enjoyed my appearance and the way I behave, you should have solidified the nature of our committed relationship by giving me an annular piece of jewelry that traditionally indicates a betrothal.

Oh, Oh, Oh (x2)

Repeat Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
acting up, drink in my cup
I couldnt care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Dont pay him any attention
Cuz you had your turn
But now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

I have rouge on my lips; a young man dancing close to my person

I am wearing a brand of jeans that is known for enhancing a woman’s bodily appearance with their form-fitting cut and style.

I behave garishly, with little self-control; I drink fermented beverages.

I no longer concern myself with your personal thoughts or feelings on the matter.

As an individual, I don’t need to petition to another person to approve of my behavior.

Have I recently told you that you need not be concerned with this other young man?

You had an opportunity to become my betrothed

Now you must learn the painful lesson of how one feels when they long for a lost lover

Chorus

Chorus

Don’t treat me to the things of this world
I’m not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve

Pull me into your arms
Say I’m the one you own
If you don’t, you’ll be alone
And like a ghost I’ll be gone

I warn you: do not attempt to purchase my love with expensive worldly goods.

I am not a woman who responds to such bribery

What I desire most is your intimacy and devotion.

Indeed, it is what I qualify for given my fine personality and attractive features.

Take me into your loving embrace; treat me as if you have already expended a great amount of monetary compensation in order to purchase me as your lover.

If you don’t behave as I have outlined above, I will leave you all alone.

Like an apparition, I will disappear without leaving behind an indication of my whereabouts.

All the single ladies (7x)
Now put your hands up
woo oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh ooh
oh oh oh 2x

Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don’t be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it woo oh ooh 2x

The whole of the unmarried female population (x7)

Place your arms high, as if reaching towards the heavens!

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

Indeed, if you enjoyed my appearance and the way I behave, you should have solidified the nature of our committed relationship by giving me an annular piece of jewelry that traditionally indicates a betrothal (x2)

1 comment:

  1. This blog definitely deserves a comment :) Leah, you're hilarious! I loved reading this. I feel like I understand this song so much better.
    -Shaina

    ReplyDelete