Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh, Edward!

Today, I was going to the bathroom when I overheard two girls talking.
Girl One: Did I see you today playing duck duck goose out on the lawn?
Girl Two: Yeah.. it was kind of amazing...

Me (to self): WHAT? Really, girl two? It was kind of amazing? Seriously? Because, over here in this stall, it sounds kind of stupid. The only people who can pull off playing children's games are children. Because its cute. It's even better if one of the kid had a deformity or artificial limb because then it's inspirational.

See, this is the problem with being a part of the honors program at my college. It attracts weird kids. Kids who wear capes. Kids who write on the arms extensively just to show off how busy they are. Kids who don't wear shoes for who knows what reason (one thing is for sure: it's not because people in developing nations don't have shoes. That's a completely different collegiate sub-culture). Kids who judge me when my copy of Twilight accidentally falls out of my bag. No, YOU suck! And your girlfriend has freakishly long hair! Reality check: She isn't Arwen.
Why are you crying? Stop it.

But I digress.

Wait, no I don't. I meant to segue into my love of Twilight.

Yeah. I said it, Reader.

I. Love. Twilight.

Well, actually, I love Edward Cullen.

He's everything I want in a man: dark, moody, brooding, eyes that look into my soul, loves to hunt bears just to suck their blood, tries to say goodbye because "it's for my own good" but just can't stay away because of an inexplicably attraction (i.e. my blood smells tasty to him). That's hot.

This whole love affair began when I had a couple of my girlfriends, Kelsey (holla!) and Kaleigh (shout out!) over for pizza and movie happyfuntimes. While we were watching a SNL digital short making fun of Twilight, I casually mentioned that I had never seen the movies or read the books. Well, then there was no turning back.

I loved it.

I mean, I recognize that the acting may not be "good" or even "mediocre" and I know that the plot might be a bit "stupid" but COME ON PEOPLE! Edward is FANTASTIC! And Bella has great bone structure! What's not to love?!

Well, I think the vampires got to me because the next night I was back in my apartment, in my Snuggie, watching it again with my roommate Colleen (woot woot!). Fact: EVEN BETTER THE SECOND TIME!

And then the next day I went to Borders and got my very own copy of Twilight. I am now 200 pages into it. Tonight, during my dinner break from classes, I forwent my tradition of calling people and having meaningful conversations. Instead, I got dinner and read Twilight.

And I was so happy. So very happy.

You know, I still haven't returned the movie to Red Box...

Maybe I'll watch it again when I know my roommates, and their judgement, won't be home.

1 comment: