Monday, January 18, 2010

Photograph: The Translation

Look, I think we all understand that its not only rappers who have a hard time articulating the true message of their songs. It can happen to anyone! Especially people with crap voices. Because then, not only do you struggle to understand what the words means, you also have no idea what the word is in the first place! So, in an effort to help out Nickelback spread their message further and to aid you, dear reader, in your pursuit of high culture and sophistication, I present you with “Photograph: The Translation and Commentary”. But first, a picture of the band:

Looking good, boys.


"Photograph"

Look at this photograph

Everytime I do it makes me laugh

How did our eyes get so red

And what the hell is on Joey's head

Look at this snapshot.

Whenever I see it, I have to laugh

Because clearly we were high

And that’s funny, right?

Look at Joey! What a beautiful broseph name!

He is high and so putting that bag on his head seems witty.

Now, I just laugh at his expense.


And this is where I grew up

I think the present owner fixed it up

I never knew we'd ever went without

The second floor is hard for sneaking out

This is where I was raised to be a bro

It’s amazing what a steady income will do to a crap house like this

I didn’t get the truck I wanted right away. Also, food.

I snuck out as a youth. Isn’t that just so classic?

Ah wasted youth!


And this is where I went to school

Most of the time had better things to do

Criminal record says I broke in twice

I must have done it half a dozen times

This is where I was educated

However, I usually didn’t go when school was in session

Once it was locked, however, I was more than willing to go there.

When I say criminal record, I think we all know I mean badass record.

And that badass record doesn’t even do justice to what kind of BA I really am.


I wonder if it's too late

Should i go back and try to graduate

Life's better now than it was back then

If I was them I wouldn't let me in

Because I was so talented, I didn’t bother graduating from high school.

I wonder if I should try now.

I liked Billy Madison. Maybe it’s like that!

However, I am one fourth of a wildly popular bro band so I probably shouldn’t re-enter highschool.

Besides, I’m so BA the school probably couldn’t handle me.

I mean, I couldn’t handle me if I wasn’t me.

Try that on for size.


Oh, oh, oh

Oh, god, I

If I hadn’t done so many drugs, I might be able to complete my sentences.

I might be…


Every memory of looking out the back door

I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor

It's hard to say it, time to say it

Goodbye, goodbye.

Every memory of walking out the front door

I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for

It's hard to say it, time to say it

Goodbye, goodbye.

I remember looking out the backdoor? I think?

Like a mom who scrapbooks, I have photo albums all over my pure gold floor

It’s hard to say this because really, reliving my BA years as an up and coming broseph

was so beautiful but

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

I also have memories of walking out my front door? I think?

Ah! Here is picture of Joey!

I’m just going to tuck that under my pillow…

I must say it,

Goodbye

Goodbye


Remember the old arcade

Blew every dollar that we ever made

The cops hated us hangin' out

They say somebody went and burned it down

You might be wondered how I honed my incredible talent

Here is a picture of an arcade

I was irresponsible with money, even as a young boy.

Isn’t that hilarious?

Also, police officers didn’t like me being there

Because I was such a BA

Even as a youth.

Someone burned down that arcade.

Because my entire city is BA.


We used to listen to the radio

And sing along with every song we know

We said someday we'd find out how it feels

To sing to more than just the steering wheel

This might be hard to imagine for you, but I used to listen to the radio.

That’s how real I was.

I also knew the words to some songs.

Which is why I think I have perfect pitch.

My friends and I would always talk about how it would feel

To sing to other people.

Subject them to the torture of my stupid voice.

I am an idiot.


Kim's the first girl I kissed

I was so nervous that I nearly missed

She's had a couple of kids since then

I haven't seen her since god knows when

The first girl I ever kissed was named Kim

Classic brosephina name.

I was so nervous, and high, that I almost kissed Joey who was right next to her.

How gross would that have been?

I would not have enjoyed that…

Kim got married to a guy who owns a motorcycle store.

She also gave birth to two kids with names like Devon and Addison

I haven’t seen her in a while because I’m way too BA for her


Oh, oh, oh

Oh, god, I

I have no idea.


I miss that town

I miss the faces

You can't erase

You can't replace it

I miss it now

I can't believe it

So hard to stay

Too hard to leave it

I can’t make decisions. Also, I don’t understand that you can have memories and that doesn’t mean you have to live in your same town.


If I could I relive those days

I know the one thing that would never change

I would still be brosephs with Joey. No homo.


Every memory of looking out the back door

I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor

It's hard to say it, time to say it

Goodbye, goodbye.

Every memory of walking out the front door

I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for

It's hard to say it, time to say it

Goodbye, goodbye.

Look at this photograph

Everytime I do it makes me laugh

Everytime I do it makes me...


You’re wondering what I was going to say.

But wonder on, wonderer, because I am THAT BA.

FINIS

No comments:

Post a Comment